Battery Question

remodlr remodlr at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 27 20:27:51 PST 2003

Hello all,
I've just acquired a battery sold as "Brand New-Never
Installed" via eBay. It was sold as Part# M8244G/B and
the box says so as well as showing the Model#8511. The
battery itself appears unused, however, it says Model
No: A1012 14.4V. I was under the impression that the
8244G/B is a 16.6V. Also, the serial # on the box does
not match the serial# on the battery. I just want to
make sure I'm not getting hosed, here. I've searched
the Apple database and can't find this model number.
Can't find info on model # 8511, for that matter.
HELP!?!?

TIA
Rick Escamilla