[Ti] video mixing to website through Ti-book

b flipper at macsrule.com
Wed Jan 29 13:56:42 PST 2003

According to Trevor J. Hutley:

>Can it be done ?    Has anyone on the List done it?
>Any specific hardware and software recommendations or experiences
>that I could pass on ?
>Any URL that I should check out?

Can it be done? Easily.

Adobe Premiere, Final Cut Pro, DVD Studio Pro, Avid, etc, any of
which can deal with multiple video inputs and serve as an editor.

On the audio end, things are both easier, simpler, and more complex
[when it comes to syncing the audio with multiple video edits. To
record the audio is simple, but bringing it into the Ti-Book from an
independent audio source is tricky. Why not use built-in audio tracks
from both cameras? That way they're 'synced' to footage, and they can
always be 'divorced' from the tracks, re-treated for sound quality by
BIAS Deck, Peak, Spark or any of a number of other audio apps.

Final Cut Pro offers a built-in version of BIAS Peak, I think, at any
rate it has good audio editing, mixing, on-board. The audio tracks
will each synch to the EDL [Edit Decision List] that is used to make
the final output. Even discrepancies in 'level' from the 2 cams, can
be equalized [or 'balanced' in the UK] after the fact, so to speak.

Final Cut Pro:

http://www.apple.com/finalcutpro/

for some MacOS Jag audio info:

http://www.apple.com/macosx/technologies/audio.html

another 'killer' Mac audio site:

http://www.osxaudio.com/

~flipper

I'd go with FCP and Peak, but there's a free version of Digidesign's
ProTools, that is an awesome audio mixing/mastering app, also
http://www.digidesign.com/ptfree/  if 8 tracks would do the job [and
I cannot see how that many would be necessary, given your friend's
project] then check ProTools free, very high-grade, and free at that.