[Ti] Spare Ti battery... how should it be left?

Dennis Fazio dfz at mac.com
Thu Jan 30 07:02:05 PST 2003

--On Thursday, January 30, 2003 01:43 PM +0000 Robert Nicholson <robert at elastica.com> wrote:

> If you carry a spare battery for your Ti and you know it won't be used is it better to leave it charged or without charged?

The manufacturerers distribute new batteries (lithium-ion) with a 40% charge for longest shelf life. I think it is considered a bad idea to leave a battery in a discharged state for a long period. Leaving it fully charged may decrease overall lifetime a little (not sure how little), but it's more useful when you need it.
--
Dennis Fazio
dfz at mac.com