won't recognize firewire drive

Robert Dahl rdahl at desertmuseum.org
Thu Jan 30 07:20:53 PST 2003

I hope someone can help me with this:

About a year and a half ago, I bought a 60 GB external firewire drive
and housing from smalldog. I used it for a while via a firewire card
to back up and archive old files on my powermac 7500 and then later
to back up my Tibook which I purchased in mid 2002. For some reason
the firewire drive will now not network with these computers any
more. When I boot up the firewire hard drive, a green light
underneath it blinks continuously-the firewire drive icon will not
appear on either desktop when connected. I have a lot of stuff I
would like to access on this drive. Any tips for getting this
working? I have checked the firewire connections, read the FAQ, and
still don't have a clue.

Cheers,

Robert
--