QT Player Prob w/Web Broadcast

b flipper at macsrule.com
Thu Jan 30 11:49:49 PST 2003

I watched a certain Webcast last night [hint: w/someone from
BareBones, and discussion of Final Cut pro, etc].

I'm using QT 6.0.2 Pro on the Ti-Book, here, and I couldn't actually
get the video stream.  The image had the appearance of film/video
that had gone through a 'diamond' or 'cubist' type filter, colorful,
but not what the broadcasters intended. I'm on a dsl connection, and
have no problem seeing live-streamed CNN, BBC feeds, etc, but they're
on RealOne Nets. I'm just not familiar with the finer points of
watching streamed webcasts using QT.

The show was great [I'm a big radio fan, so that helps]. But I'm
wondering if anyone can give me tips or a pointer regarding the use
of QuickTime for this sort of thing.

~flipper