[Ti] 12" Ti

Steve Talkowski stevetalkowski at mac.com
Thu Jan 30 13:50:48 PST 2003

On Thursday, January 30, 2003, at 12:28  PM, jpe wrote:

> My brother is dying to get a 12" Lunchbox with the superdrive. Does
> anyone know where they might have them in stock in or near NYC? Or is
> his  best bet to get on line via the apple web store?

I saw the 12" in person at the SoHo Apple Store last Friday.   I didn't
ask if any were in stock though.

Today's J&R ad (2nd page in the NY Times “Circuits” section) indicates
a “mini MacWorld” event tomorrow and Saturday and, according to the ad,
the first opportunity to see a 17" Powerbook in person.  Again, I don't
know of their availability there.

I seem to recall hearing that Tekserve (on 23rd St) has received a
small stock of 12" powerbooks.

  I'll most likely head down to the SoHo store to pick up iLife tomorrow
and hope to see a 17" model on display.

-Steve