[Ti] Browser crashing?

NaegeleWDC at aol.com NaegeleWDC at aol.com
Tue Jul 1 01:55:30 PDT 2003

Joseph Fisher writes:

"Here's my dilemma -

"I've been trying out different internet browsers. As of last night most of
my browsers will not load and immediately crash just after "splash" screen.
The crashers include; Internet Explorer 5, Mozilla, Camino. I can load and
use Opera, iCab, and the latest beta of Safari -

"Most annoying of all any HTML mail sent to me crashes Entrouage my e-mail
program. However HTML mail does NOT crash Apple's Mail pgm.

"Any suggestions?

"System Specs; TiBook 800MHz, 1GB RAM - connecting by cable modem via Airport
system. Have been doing so for over a month now with no problems on wireless
network."

I have the same system specs that you do, and haven't had any problems.  I just switched from 10.1.5 to 10.2.6 and still no problems.  I take it that you have been using Airport (which I use too) without any problems.  If so, are you trying to connect via the built-in Ethernet now?  There are various changes that one has to do to accomplish this.  Also, do you have AppleCare?  If so, a quick phone call to Apple ought to solve it.

It's a bit amazing, however, that you can load Safari but can't load the others.  Something is amiss.

I do not profess to be anywhere near as knowledgeable as others on this list, so presumably others will chime in with better answers shortly.

Good luck!

Tim Naegele

http://admin.naegelelaw.com/FSL5CS/Custom/home.asp