[Ti] Notebook Sales Outpace Desktops for First Time

David DelMonte ddelmonte at mac.com
Wed Jul 2 13:38:40 PDT 2003

Yes, I think something is happening. I just got back from Asia, and on
the leg from LA to DC - almost everyone in business was using a
powerbook. (From Asia to LA - everyone was trying to sleep). In the
business class lounges, I saw loads of them in use - easily as many as
PC notebooks. Even my friends are buying them - and they are mainstream
business types, and doctors.  I wonder if there are new market share
figures just for portables?

David