smoke from battery compartment of Ti667! Help!!

Mohit Bhansali mobhansali at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 2 17:51:54 PDT 2003

The strangest and most horrifying Ti experience!  I
had my powercord plugged in while surfing the net.  I
decided to move from the coffee table to the dining
table, so I unplugged the powercord from the computer.
 BAM!  The screen turned black and a loud undesirable
buzzing came out from the speakers of the unit.  I
could not turn off the PB through soft or cold boot.
I had to pop out the battery...and that when i noticed
smoke coming from the compartment.  It was so bad that
my wife came home and smelt it.

Has this happened to anyone?!  Is there a solution?

Thanks!
Mo

=====
"'An eye for an eye' leaves the whole world blind"