[Ti] OT - Archos Videoplayer - When is the New iPod coming..

Rick Banuelos teasethedog at mac.com
Thu Jul 3 10:48:42 PDT 2003

on 7/3/03 10:40 AM, Daniel Borge at dani at borgepalace.com wrote:

> Look at the picture on this page:
>
> http://www.dagbladet.no/dinside/2003/07/02/372716.html
>
> (Yes, only the picture, NOT the text...)
>
> It is a portable video player / mp3 with 20 GB harddrive, 3.8 inch
> screen..(USB only..) 350grams, for 530 $
>
> Well, my point is, when can we see something like this from Apple??
>

> The writer tells that they did not like any mp3 player except the Apple iPod
> when the tested them earlier this year, but this player overtakes them all,
> in design, portability and user friendliness...
> (help me God for writing this)
>

> :)
>

> Daniel Borge

It looks a bit fragile, and battery life is 2.5 hours. That's not even close
to what my 1st-gen iPod can handle timewise. Sure, a video
whizbang-media-magnate is cool for the techno-geeks, but really all I want
is to listen to my music for as long as possible. I'll watch video on my
powerbook.

I swear, this craze about all-in one devices is REALLY getting annoying. Can
we not be happy with a 30GB mp3/AAC player that fits in a pocket and
inobtrusively plays music for 10 hours? I just wish people would look for
the benefits of simplicity for a change.

Rick