[Ti] best speakers for travelling

Mark C. Langston mark at bitshift.org
Fri Jul 4 09:23:06 PDT 2003

On Fri, Jul 04, 2003 at 11:11:05AM -0400, Malcolm Hamilton wrote:

> I travel with my Ti, and want to bring along some external speakers.
> I've checked out the tiny compact units that are designed for this
> very purpose (the Sony model folds flat, for example), but the sound
> quality is pretty bad.

http://www.thinkgeek.com/electronics/audio/5c86/

I own a pair.  Prior to using these, I was travelling with some rather
heavy Sony desktop speakers.  The Generation2 SI-5's have excellent
range, good volume, and best of all, can be powered directly from your
USB port.

I take that back.  Best of all is the fact that together, they're the
size of a paperback book.  My only gripe is that one of the two included
cables (male stereo headphone jack on both ends) is too short.  However,
that's trivially fixable with a quick trip to any electronics store for
a replacement cable.

I use them with both my iPod and my TiBook.  My back thanks me every
time I have to travel across, or out of, the US.

--
Mark C. Langston                                    Sr. Unix SysAdmin
mark at bitshift.org                                       mark at seti.org