[Ti] Reasons to NOT buy 15" 867 MHz or 1Ghz Titanium?

Benn joverkamp at earthlink.net
Tue Jul 8 13:38:54 PDT 2003

I hate to be the person to say waiting would be a good idea right now,
but:
(From Powerbook Central)
"1GHz TiBook still 7-10 days at The Apple Store
Monday, July 7 2003 @ 12:01 PM CT | Article Link
As we reported back on July 1st, The Apple Store is reporting a 7-10
day wait for new 1GHz PowerBook G4/SuperDrives. All other PowerBook and
iBook models are listed with 'Same Day' shipping or '1-2 Day' shipping.
The 1GHz TiBook has now been listed with a 7-10 day waiting period for
one week."

It seems that apple is low on the 1ghz tibooks.  I can't say for sure
whether any have been shipping over the last week or not.  Maybe
production of the ti has stopped?

If you can wait, maybe you should.  For starters, the aluminum cased
powerbooks seem to have no where near the issues the tibooks had, and
these things are incredibly engineered.  If apple is going to put the
15" in an aluminum case, I would say its well worth the wait (and I
waited 2 months for my 1Ghz tibook that never shipped then 4 more for
my 17" powerbook).

But, if a 867mhz G4 laptop is all you really need, why not get a
powerbook now...especially if you can get a great deal on one?

Benn