[Ti] Reasons to NOT buy 15" 867 MHz or 1Ghz Titanium?

Rod Duncan roduncan at telus.net
Wed Jul 9 10:33:48 PDT 2003

Been following the thread and many valid comments.

I have a 667 DVI combo drive with RAM upgraded to 768 Mb and the HD
upgraded to a 5400 rpm 48 Gb. Kept the original 30 Gb and popped it
into a portable external case. Recently, I purchased an external
firewire case and a Pioneer 4X DVD drive for that capability. Do lots
of video and find this machine great, if it doesn't drop frames it's
fast enough for me. I had the original 400 Mhz Ti and the
improvements from it to the 667 DVI are night and day. I'm going to
spend a few hundred dollars next month (anniversary date) and get the
extended Applecare.

I've always treated my Powerbooks with extra-ordinary respect so the
Ti case isn't and hasn't been an issue, touch wood. However, the
differences from the original Ti to the 667 DVI were substantial so
I'm sure the current, latest and greatest to the AI series is
continuing in that trend.

Personally,  I'm going to wait for the next... next generation with
(hopefully) an IBM CPU  driving it faster AND MUCH cooler.

My less than 2¢.

Rod