[Ti] Titanium G4 Pros and cons

Cyn flanders1 at charter.net
Thu Jul 10 16:43:33 PDT 2003

At 7:19 AM -0700 7/10/03, Brian Davis wrote:
>I know that this question has likely been asked before but I'm going to ask
>it anyway.

Rut Row.

>  What are the best things about owning a Titanium Powerbook?

What could possibly be wrong with owning one?

>What
>are the worst things (if you can think of any)?

None.

>I'm planning on getting a Powerbook for grad school and my school's computer
>store has a few new 867mhz Titanium's for $1799 ($1800 is my limit). Of
>course I've heard all the complaints about the paint chipping,

I have a TiBook 500 that looks as new as it did the day I bought it.
Not one single problem others had.

>  the screen
>warping,

Never.

>  the keyboard marking up the screen,

Never.

>  and so forth.

No so forths with my TiBook. It was perfect back when I bought it and
still is today.

>  But are these
>real issues that most Titanium owners have?

I may have mentioned before that my TiBook is perfect. :-)

>The supposed increased
>durability of the new Aluminum Powerbooks sounds great and I would consider
>the 12" but I need a larger screen and a L3 cache. The 17" is too expensive
>and too large to carry around in my opinion (I have to take it to class
>everyday).

I have one of them too and it is also perfect. ;-)

>I'm hoping that the rumors of new 15" Aluminum Powerbooks being
>released next week are true because that would mean that I could get a 1GHz
>Titanium for around $1799 or less.

I am crossing my fingers for you.

>any help out there?

Let me know if you want to hear more about how perfect my laptops are.

--
Cyn