[Ti] Titanium G4 Pros and cons

c.buttimer at mdx.ac.uk c.buttimer at mdx.ac.uk
Thu Jul 10 23:53:31 PDT 2003

> The Ti is rugid and excellent, and I would recommend it to anyone.  I waited
> before buying one too, but Apple seems to be putting out excellent products
> and, by and large, their AppleCare assistance is very good.  At some point I
> expect to buy a Big Al, and would not consider it if I was not pleased.
>
> Tim Naegele
First time I've heard the Ti described as rugged! I should say my one is
2001, not 2000 (time flies) and that the paint didn't immediately flake but
did so after a year or so. No change in circumstances by the way, carried in
a custom bag from day one. To be honest I'm not that bothered about the
paint chipping/flaking but the fan coming on very frequently and the heat is
what's annoying me most.

All the best,

Colin.