[Ti] Titanium G4 Pros and cons (experiences with G4 TiPB 667 Rev 2 and 12 12 inches TiPB Aluminum - rugged they AINT!)

ursus at mac.com ursus at mac.com
Fri Jul 11 05:31:55 PDT 2003

> a protective SLEAVE works just
> great to stop this. But YOU will notice (if you travel as I do) that
> the airport x-ray demons request you remove it from the bag and in
> recent times place it (the laptop) in the plastic tray.

I have a transparent "baggie" that was packaging for a textile piece I
bought in Japan. It has the typical gummed edge flap you see in Japanese
packaging of this kind. It fits the 17 nicely and is crystal clear and no
one has yet asked me to remove it, and it is tough enough to prevent any
damage from somewhat careless handling. However, I have yet to have any
airport security person lay a hand on the machine.  I have out it in the
tray and picked it up after it went thru x-ray. Do not know if that is
chance or the fact that they could clearly see the machine in that clear
plastic baggie.

Once had my old TiBook sniffed for explosives, and in Atlanta Hartsfield,
now the Worlds Worst Airport (since Frankfurt has opened a new terminal and
lost that title) they were taking the computers out of the trays and
stacking them atop the x-ray machines as they seemed to lack sufficient room
and trays, and they gave my TiBook to someone else as I was being wand-ed.
I screamed like crazy and the guy realized he had mine and not his black
Dell...  (How could he miss that???)  I go in and out of that airport in 2
weeks again.... Pity me.