[Ti] Titanium G4 Pros and cons

NaegeleWDC at aol.com NaegeleWDC at aol.com
Sun Jul 13 13:38:24 PDT 2003

Brian Davis has written:

"I think that I'm just going to wait
until the 15" Albook arrives (soon I hope) and then make the decision.
One thing that I didn't consider is the placement of the antenna on the
Tibook. I'll be using the new Powerbook in a wireless classroom setting
using video/image editing and flash animation software. I think that Airport
Extreme combined with the better antenna placement on the aluminum models is
making me lean in their direction."

Having gone through much the same thought process that you have, before I bought my Ti 800 in May of last year, I agree with you.  I would do the same thing, although none of us know when a new 15" Al will be released.

Despite some of the comments on the list to the contrary, I believe my Ti 800 is "rugged" and terrific.  Of course, I never bang it around; I treat it with "kid gloves"; it is always in my Brenthaven padded bag when I move it around; and so far -- thank God -- I haven't spilled anything on it.

Any sense that it is "flimsy" at all must have applied to earlier versions of the Ti, because that certainly is not true of mine, and it is the 5th generation of PowerBooks that I have owned.  It is a solid machine and lives up to its billing.

Al's are the route to go though, because of their advancements, and the 15" Al ought to be a gem, although realize that (1) it will probably be back-ordered when it is introduced, and (2) there are often some "bugs" in any first run.  Having said that, I am so satisfied with my Ti that I will probably be buying a 17" Big Al down the road.

Whatever you do, Brian, you are not apt to go wrong.  Also, the iBooks and iMacs are supposed to be terrific too.

Tim Naegele

http://admin.naegelelaw.com/FSL5CS/Custom/home.asp