Monitor HD activity with the sleep led

Marcus Raitner raitner at fmi.uni-passau.de
Tue Jul 15 01:56:09 PDT 2003

Hi,

just back from the linuxtag 2003 fair i had the following idea and
wonder whether any one is able to help me. wouldn't it be nice if we
could use the sleep led for monitoring the hd activity. or some other
activity.

has anyone heard about a hack doing this, or does anyone know how to do
it? the task consits of two things monitoring the hd, which is fairly
easy and turning on and of the led. is there any documentation around
on how to turn the led on or off?

i guess i had been talking too much to linux geeks recently :-)

Marcus