[Ti] With PowerBook G4 and OS X, which Sprintpcs cell phone to enable

Mark O'Brien rmobrien at mac.com
Tue Jul 15 06:49:58 PDT 2003

On 7/15/03 9:39 AM, "Chris Malanga" <tibook at chrismalanga.fastmail.fm> wrote:

>> Do I need a special PCMIA card? If so what do I ask for at a Sprint
>> store or
>> do I have to purchase that elsewhere?
>
> The PCMCIA cards are way cool, but alas, they are PC only.

Not entirely accurate. There is a script for Jaguar for the Novatel Merlin
C201 card. You have to activate the PC card in a PC the first time. After
that it works on a TiBook. I'm sending this via Merlin/SprintPCS right now.

This is probably not what you're looking for though - the card is a
dedicated device with its own phone number, and cannot be used as a cell
phone. Unlimited data was just reduced from $100/month to $80/month.

-- Mark