[Ti] Gateway's PB 15 Clone

Murray Kastner murrayka at mac.com
Tue Jul 15 16:39:49 PDT 2003

On Tuesday, July 15, 2003, at 07:07 PM, Alan Vonderhaar wrote:

> The 6.9 pounds is a bit off-putting.

...and if you read closely, they say that the weight is dependant upon
their suppliers. That's one of the neatest escape clauses from which to
claim whatever they want. Most important, it won't run OSX!

While Apple continues to forge ahead, there are bound to be wannabees
trading on its reputation. The smart money still buys the real thing.
Quality.

Bottom line is still the net cost, which can be best illustrated by my
selling, recently, a Ti400 (1st Rev) for more than half its original
price. Talk to me about a 2-3 year old PeeCee' resale value. (Very
pleased with my new 17" PB)

I've said it before but it bears repeating:

"The bitterness of poor quality lingers long after the sweetness of low
price is forgotten"

> On Tuesday, July 15, 2003, at 05:33  PM, Les Posen wrote:
>
>> http://www.gateway.com/home/prod/hm_m500s_proddetail.shtml
>>

>> Let's hope Jos announces a 15" upgrade this week that leapfrogs this
>> Gateway clone....
>>

> Best regards,

Murray
murrayka at mac.com