[Ti] EMERGENCY!! BALL POINT PEN EXPLODED AND SPATTERED ON POWERBOOK!

John Griffin jwegriffin at mac.com
Wed Jul 16 08:29:13 PDT 2003

Jason L. Petersen typed this message on 7/16/03 10:50 AM:

> Help!  I was using a ball point pen and it just splattered on my PowerBook.
> Its on the titanium part as well as some of it on the screen.  I have tried
> some very moderate cleaner with no avail.  Any suggestions? I need to get
> this off as soon as possible.  Thanks!

Ouch!

I have used hairspray to remove ballpoint ink from fabric (not totally, but
almost totally). You could perhaps spray a bit on a cloth and wipe it on an
inconspicuous area first to see if it 1) removes the ink from your powerbook
and 2) is harmless to the finish.

jg