[Ti] Grey-scale display

Kynan Shook kshook at mac.com
Wed Jul 16 18:31:53 PDT 2003

Check Universal Access; make sure it's set to color and not to
greyscale.  You might try toggling it too, just to be sure.  If that
doesn't fix it, there are probably a few preference files you could try
deleting; just toggle both display colors and universal access
settings, then do a search for anything containing "plist" and modified
today.  Pick the two or so that are named com.apple.something.plist,
modified at the same time or shortly after you adjusted the
preferences.  They'll either be in /Library/Preferences/ or
~/Library/Preferences/.

Murray Kastner <murrayka at mac.com> writes:
> I've been helping a newbie set up her iBook. Everything is okay 'cept
> for one nagging problem, which I am sure is obvious to anyone but me.
>
> Upon booting up, the screen jumps from color to grey-scale. Now, it is
> fairly easy just to use the System Prefs:Display to choose Thousands of
> colors and the color is back.
>
> Can anyone steer me in the right direction so that when she logs in,
> she has color and not have to manually set it back to color?

Kynan Shook
kshook at mac.com
http://homepage.mac.com/kshook/index.html