[Ti] hd upgrade question

Geoff Allen geoff at wsu.edu
Thu Jul 17 15:53:08 PDT 2003

Tarik Bilgin wrote:
> I am going to upgrade the 10gb HD in my rev A Ti with a new travelstar
> 40 gig model that i bought a while ago.

I've done mine twice (once to 20GB, and just recently to 60GB).

> Anything I need to keep in mind when doing this?

Get the Apple Knowledge Base article on removing/replacing the bottom.
That's really the only "trick" to the operation.

> It's been a while since I opened mine up -- is the HD bay under tons of
> other stuff?

No.

> And are there any warranty stickers that I will need to break?

No. (Not that it should matter on a Rev. A TiBook. :-) )

Geoff

--
Geoff Allen, geoff at wsu.edu, <http://www.wsu.edu/~geoff/>

It's happy music for happy people. If you like bluegrass you gotta be in
a good mood.  -- Dave Winer