VPC for games

John B. Crane jbcrane at cranedigital.com
Fri Jul 18 07:18:30 PDT 2003

On Friday, July 18, 2003, at 03:08  AM, Rick Banuelos wrote:
> Would VPC6 run 3D accelerated games like EA sports games, etc?

I'd not expect much from it. It may not even run. I don't know what
kind of hardware requirements these new games have, as in what kind of
video support they require, and what VPC emulates out of the box.

One of the main reasons I'll buy VPC is to be able to run Win-only
translation software in the field. I can run LightWave on my BigAl and
it does pretty well as an on-site tool (when I'm in the office I use my
Intel workstations). The OpenGL performance on BigAl is respectable for
small-to-medium tasks, but chokes in the poly-count goes too high.

All of this to say, it just depends: it may run, but in terms of
performance might be akin to getting that first "plop" out of a new
bottle of ketchup ;-).

Best Regards,

John B. Crane
Principal
CraneDigital, LLC
Visual Communications for All Media
jbcrane at cranedigital.com
+1 (970) 229-1462
www.cranedigital.com

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are
are addressed. If you are NOT the intended recipient or the person
responsible for delivering the e-mail to the intended recipient, be
advised that you have received this e-mail in error and that any use,
dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this e-mail is
strictly prohibited.