HD Upgrade/Drive Enclosure

Eric L. Peters E-Peters at csu.edu
Wed Jul 23 13:24:07 PDT 2003

Hello, all:

I'm getting to the point where I need to consider upgrading the 20 GB
HD in my 667. I would like to upgrade to at least a 60 or 80 GB
drive, and buy an enclosure for my 20 GB drive so that I can use it
externally on my wife's iMac (which is even more storage-challenged).
I have located a Toshiba MK6021GAS 60 GB (UIDE, ATA-5, 4200 RPM)
drive at what seems to be a hard-to-beat price of $158.00 (no
shipping and no tax).

Does this seem like a good drive/good deal? Any alternatives that
you'd recommend. I'd also appreciate recommendations on sources of
good drive enclosures.

One more (OT) question), does anyone use the ADS Instant DVD for Mac?
If so, could you contact me off list? I have a couple of simple
questions.

Thanks very much in advance.
--
Eric L. Peters
Associate Professor of Ecology and Environmental Science
9501 S. King Drive                           mailto:E-Peters at csu.edu
Chicago, IL 60628-1598          http://webs.csu.edu/~epeters/