Votes for a G5 PowerBook shipping date

Tarik Bilgin tarik at opalblue.com
Thu Jul 24 11:52:00 PDT 2003

I went into a PCWorld (a bit like CompUSA) the other day and had a look
at the Apple isle. The 3 PowerBooks were sat next to each other, with
the odd one out 15" in the middle. The 17 incher looked massive, the 12
incher cute, yet the 15 inch still had the most "buy me" sex appeal to
it. It's the size along with the Ti finish i think, even if the new
Al's are sturdier and thinner. -- anyway I started thinking about the
prospect of a 15 inch G5 on my desk..... ;)

Do any of you have a feeling for when we will see these on the market?

On the one hand I am itching for one, on the other I want it to come
out later rather than sooner as I am "so gonna want one" and my bank
manager may not agree :)

Is there a revision of the G5 in production yet that runs cool and low
power enough to go mobile?

--
Tarik Bilgin
Opalblue