[Ti] Operating without a keyboard or monitor

Sam Hotchkiss ti at zlit.net
Fri Jul 25 07:08:57 PDT 2003

On 7/25/03 12:58 AM, "etyrnal at ameritech.net" <etyrnal at ameritech.net> wrote:

> On Thursday, July 24, 2003, at 02:03  PM, David DelMonte wrote:
>
>> Yikes, thanks Tarik for the Cube heat issue. We dont have A/C so heat
>> could be a problem.
>> On Thursday, July 24, 2003, at 09:01 PM, Tarik Bilgin wrote:
>

> i don't think heat would be any MORE of an issue being a 'server' than
> it would be if you were sitting at it using it normally...
>
> i can think of a LOT of apps that would push a machine way harder than
> just being an internet router/file server...
>
> Photoshop for one is WAY more cpu greedy than internet sharing...
>
> an external drive for the cube may help you if you honestly are finding
> that temp is a problem.

I believe the cube requires a monitor to be plugged in on startup, or you
can obtain a little dongle that plugs into your monitor port that will trick
the computer
--
Samuel W. Hotchkiss
President, Contractor Services, LLC.
hotch at zlit.net

Laptop History: PB 145, PB 520c, PB 3400c, 400mhz Pismo, 400mhz TiBook,
667mhz TiBook (rev b), 1ghz TiBook