[Ti] Erratic NetworkBehavior: Up or Downstairs

Jesse Brown jesse.brown at mac.com
Fri Jul 25 10:07:09 PDT 2003

On 7/25/03 10:22, "David Ferleger" <david at ferleger.com> wrote:

> Hi!
> Anyone have this happen? Possible causes?
>
> Powerbook 15" OS 10.2.6: When upstairs in our house, it will not
> connect to the
> Airport network (the base station is upstairs). BUT when downstairs
> (another base
> station is there - but we can move between them), it WILL connect.

David,

Make sure that both base stations have the same name and are at least 3
channels apart. Also both should not be giving out ip numbers. One should be
just an ethernet bridge and the other will be your router and DHCP server
unless you have a separate router in which case both airport base stations
will be ethernet bridges.

--
Jesse

"I would rather see the portrait of a dog I know, than all the allegorical
paintings they can show me in the world."  - Samuel Johnson