[Ti] Videoconferencing, anyone?

Mark Gibson gibsonm at bigpond.net.au
Mon Jul 28 20:27:05 PDT 2003

At 10:48 PM -0400 28/7/03, Murray Kastner wrote:
>My girlfriend's son is going to Hong Kong for a
>year (to design and build a new city, I am
>told...) and I wondered if anyone has had some
>hands-on experience with it. I would imagine
>he'll be set up to do it between head office in
>NYC and his HK office. I have a 17" Big Al with
>a Meg of RAM. I believe that I have the
>requisite software available from Apple?
>
>Comments and especially experiences very welcome!
>
>Murray

Murray,

I'm guessing that's 1Gb of RAM, not 1Mb or you
should definitely return it to your reseller.

Seriously though, I have a 1Ghz / 1Gb 15" G4 with 10.2.6, iChat AV and iSight.

I've been able to have excellent video chats with:

UK, France, East Coast USA and West Coast USA
with very little performance issues (apart from
talking to someone with a USB camera).

If you get an iSight or want to test with a FW
Digital video camera, feel free to contact me at
the iChat address below.

Regards,
Mark (}-;

AIM / iChat: gibsonm1
--
Windows 95 /Win' d–z/: n., 32-bit extensions and
a graphical shell for a 16-bit patch to an 8-bit