Airport Card Replacement (Was Re: [Ti] New Linksys wi-fi media adaptor)

Lee Wilmeth lw at wilmeth.net
Wed Jul 30 08:01:03 PDT 2003

cbirds,

You have three choices. A Cisco Aironet Card because Cisco actually
wrote drivers for the Mac, or

http://wirelessdriver.sourceforge.net

and use a card that is supported by this open source driver. There is a
list of supported cards. I've used both the Cisco card, and numerous
other PCMCIA cards with the open source driver. I've had good success
with both. But, because the open source driver is definitely a beta,
you may have to open a terminal window to adjust some settings.

The cheaper solution is the open source driver, because you can buy
just about any 802.11b PCMCIA card for the PC and it will work.

Or, IOXperts is selling a 802.11b driver for $20 that works with most
PC style cards. And it has a decent installer.

Good luck,

On Tuesday, July 29, 2003, at 11:44 PM, cbirds wrote:

> I am looking for a wireless solution for my Ti that will let me use it
> in
> Airports and at home but not the Apple Airport/Airport card. What do
> you
> suggest?

Lee

Lee Wilmeth, Computer Consultant