Problems with Airport 3.1 Update ---

Sidney Santelices ssantelices at mac.com
Wed Jul 30 20:45:00 PDT 2003

Hi Folks,

Sorry if this has been covered already, but I haven't seen this topic covered ---

I updated my Airport Software with Versiontracker and went ahead with 3.1 from 3.0.  I had purchased an Airport Extreme base station.

Well, I was then unable to do wireless surfing.  I think I might have simultaneously upgraded Virex.  If that has anything to do with anything.

My questions are a.  What the hell happened  b.  How can I downgrade to 3.0 when things seemed more perfect than they are now (the wireless surf was not honky dory...  I'd had better, steadier connections with an older base station in a much larger space... what gives?)

If someone out there could lend a hand, that'd be grreat.  I missed my base station warranty (ie - apple care coverage via phone) by 2 days.  ....  AND the genius bar couldn't do much for me, as they don't have DSL (to connect and check my base station like I connect at home) PLUS they were also using Airport 3.0, so they couldn't give feedback on 3.1.

Help, folks!!!  I'm stuck with my $200 plus piece of plastic junk because of 3.1 or SOMETHING being wrong....

Tell me how to fix this.  Thanks in advance.

Sidney