[Ti] Combo Drive Update

David Grieve dgrieve at cfl.rr.com
Sun Jun 1 14:48:05 PDT 2003

FWIW, I had the problem when I replaced the DVD drive with a combo drive
in my TiPB 500,15 inch.  The mounting frame which holds the drive does
not secure it very well on one side.  That allows the drive to slightly
drop(when warm?) and then the CD hits the case when you eject it.  I
added a stack of long narrow rubber pieces along the very outer edge of
the drive to keep it in line with the frame.  (The rubber pieces are
designed to tape on the bottom of something to keep it from
sliding--Home Depot).  The bottom of the PB holds the drive inplace in
the frame and the CD goes in and out just fine.
Dave G