[Ti] Slightly OT - Recommendation for a PC(!) notebook?

rich graham rich at biggerfish.com
Mon Jun 2 09:12:58 PDT 2003

Before plunking down $$$, read some reviews of QuickBooks for X - it's
really a step BACKWARD from the Windows version.

Limited functionality, terrible interface. I tried it for half a day, tossed
it when I could not make a custom invoice like the Windows version. There is
no transfer of Windows files to Mac, so if you need to hand your data file
off to your accountant, he's gotta be on Mac OSX too.

So I stuck with VPC 5 and QuickBooks 2002 for Windows. VPC 5 is kinda slow,
a real PC would be better. I only use QuickBooks for about 2 hours a week,
so I can't really justify another piece of hardware for that.

Here's some reader reports from Macintouch:

    <http://www.macintouch.com/quickbooks5pt01.html>

Just my .02¢

Rich Graham

 Biggerfish Digital Media
 501 Westport Avenue, #270        (203) 847-2040 vox
 Norwalk, CT 06851                (203) 286-1750 fax
 http://www.biggerfish.com        (203) 223-6591 cel