[Ti] DVD-R media with the 17"AlBook SuperDrive?

Peter Krug pkrug at mac.com
Tue Jun 3 13:46:13 PDT 2003

>Has anyone tried non-Apple DVD-R media in their Super Drive? I'm
>ready to burn a project and don't want to trek all the way down to
>an Apple Store, or wait a few days for a package ordered elsewhere.
>I'd love to be able to run over to BestBuy or the like and stock up,
>but have heard conflicting reports about compatibility. Given the
>quirky nature of DVD media/drives anyway I'd sure like to minimize
>compatibility risks on this project.

I have had no problem(4 for 4) with BMI 4X DVD-R generic media (we
got a good deal a while back from MacConnection).  And yes, it only
burns at 1X on the LunchTrayDeluxe (but 4X on the latest G4 Towers).

Peter
--
A little computer haiku:
I can't remember

This message sent with Eudora 6.0b18 on Mac OS X 10.2.6