[Ti] Bluetooth and QT 6.3

Steve Wozniak steve at woz.org
Tue Jun 3 16:01:44 PDT 2003

At 2:21 PM -0400 6/3/03, Murray Kastner wrote:

>Imagine my surprise when I learned that they get yet another fee for data transmission. Is it the same everywhere? And what happens if I use the duo to check my email, without subscribing to their service? After all, this is why I took a cellphone plan with 350 free minutes...

Dial-up (to your ISP) works on Cingular, but AT&T Wireless restricts you to the rather expensive GPRS only for data connections.

One person that I encountered in Pittsburgh got a T-Mobile family plan with unlimited calling between family plan phones, at least if they are in the home region. He used one as a modem for his laptop and another as a modem for his computer at home, for free internet access (at 9600 baud) with no restrictions or costs for megabytes or minutes. I have not yet had time to try this myself.
--

Regards,

Steve  (is tv wake zone?)