[OT] AIFC Support dropped..?

H. Peet Foster HPeetFoster-Design at snet.net
Wed Jun 4 06:27:29 PDT 2003

Has anybody else on the list noticed that both QuickTime 6.3 and iTunes
4.0.1 no longer handle/play AIFC audio files?  I would like to get a
general confirmation of this from the listies before proceeding to
contact Apple or re-encoding a bunch of audio files, all legal, from my
store bought CDs.

With iTunes, nothing happens and with QuickTime (pro), I get one of two
alert messages.  Either "Quicktime is missing software required to
display this movie file.  Unfortunately, it is not available on the
QuickTime server." or  "Couldn't open the file "xxx"because an
unsupported sound format was encountered".

Memory 1024
500MHZ Power PC G4  tibook
OSX 10.2.6
QuickTime 6.3