[Ti] Panicking on wake up

Michael Bigley wakinyan at fuse.net
Wed Jun 4 13:36:14 PDT 2003

>  > Is this a known problem with a known fix? I'm running OS 10.2.6.
>
>You should do a fresh installation of OS X.

I do not agree with this. That is a Windoze methodology of system
troubleshooting.

If your OS was previously working fine and "suddenly" this problem
appeared, there is probably a solution. As a Unix-based OS, there are
lot's of things built in to repair and restore the OS. However, this
type of problem could signal hardware failure.

There are several threads in the Archives of this list that discussed
similar problems.

Have you installed or modified anything around the time the crashing began?

I would run the hardware test disk that came with your TI,  then run
Repair Permissions from the Disk Utility.  If the problem persists,
then reboot into single user mode (hold down command & S keys on boot
up. At prompt type in "fsck -y". This may take a while; repeat that
command until the final output is: disk appears to be ok. Then type
in reboot and let your system restart. Also resetting the power
manager may do the trick, their are instructions for that in Sherlock
-> AppleCare.

While this may sound complicated, all of those steps can be done in
considerably less time that a back up and reinstall of the OS (and
some of them will have to be done after the install anyway).

--
       http://www.norbertrunning.com