[Ti] sleep mode - Battery life

Justin R. Miller incanus at codesorcery.net
Fri Jun 6 11:10:45 PDT 2003

On Friday, June 6, 2003, at 01:39  PM, David Remahl wrote:

> I rarely, if ever, shut down my computer for any other reason than a
> major system update. An uptime of more two weeks is the rule rather
> than the exception, and I never have any problems because of that.
> Occasionally restarting the Finder (logging out and back in again will
> take care of that), and not leaving Safari beta running 24/7 avoids
> mean memory leaks etc, which could otherwise bring the machine to its
> knees in inactive swap memory.

Yes.  I find it beneficial to both quit high-use programs like Safari
and Mail and to occasionally restart Finder, as long-running apps will
swap out and cause a lot of disk activity over the span of days or
weeks when they try to wake up or come forward to be used.

I would venture to say that any slow/swapped issues that you see would
be due to these long-running apps, and not due to the system itself.
At least this is the case in my experience.

--Justin