[Ti] Recommendations for a low cost scanner?

Jerry Krinock dearjerry at mindspring.com
Fri Jun 6 12:49:43 PDT 2003

on 03/06/05 20:31, Robert Nicholson at robert at elastica.com wrote:

> I need to "fax" some documents to somebody and I'm after the best Mac
> compatible low cost scanner on the market.
>
> Would it be one of those slim Canon scanners?

I bought a Canon for $79 at the Apple Store a couple weeks ago.  I believe
it was the model LDi30 or something like that.  Supposedly you can store and
even use it standing on edge, although I've not tried that yet.

> Only concern is that I can scan using Photoshop and OSX compatibility.

I remember there was a minor mistake in the installation instructions which
had me confused me for few minutes, and although it looks like it has not
been "Built for OS X From The Ground Up" (screenshots in manual still show
OS9 window styles), it installs natively and it works.

So far, all I've scanned is documents, but it definitely picked up every
smudge accurately with a medium-coarse resolution setting, and the software
is pretty easy to use, (unlike my old Umax in OS9 -- ARGHHH!)

I don't use Photoshop.