[Ti] sleep mode - Battery life

Roger Snyder rogersnyder at pobox.com
Fri Jun 6 17:54:18 PDT 2003

On 6/6/03 16:39, "Chris Volpe" wrote:

> http://www.macdailynews.com/opinion_comments.php?id=P1191_0_2_0
> I (and above-linked writer) concur about never shutting down. This article
> recommends leaving all apps open as well - cuz of how OS X handles memory
> that is possibly fine? Would be interested in others' views.

    I have shut down the Ti to replace the hard drive recently, and I can't
remember shutting it down for any other reason for months.

    I don't see a need for shut down unless you are doing hardware work.

    I leave some programs up a lot, I guess usually (email, browser,
Spamfire), but not always (except Spamfire). Usually I only shut them down
if I'm doing a Photoshop/Dreamweaver/etc. Workday and things seem to be
slowing down. I don't leave the last mentioned programs up often when I'm
done (though since I doing web site work almost every day, I've started
leaving DW up a lot). Photoshop seems to take too much room.

    If I had 10 gigs, I might leave them all up almost all the time. I do
see that a restart help some programs flakiness sometimes.

-- Roger