[Ti] Trouble Logging Out

Mark O'Brien rmobrien at mac.com
Sat Jun 7 15:19:32 PDT 2003

On 6/7/03 5:54 PM, "Steve Wozniak" <steve at woz.org> wrote:

> At 5:28 PM -0400 2003.06.07, John Griffin wrote:
>
>> Now when I command it to logout, all applications quit, the menu bar, icons
>> and dock disappear and I am left with the desk picture. Nothing more happens
>> and my only choice is to force it to shut down. I thought that there must be
>> a process that is still running in the background so I leave the computer
>> for an hour or so, but when I come back the desk picture is still there -
>> not the login screen.
>
> This hasn't happened to me in a while but it used to. I would do a Force Quit
> (cmd-opt-esc) and force Timbuktu to Quit and then I could logout.

IOW, Force Quit will bring up a little window showing you whatever
applications you have open, including (presumably) the one that's hanging
and keeping logout from completing.

However, usually when this happens to me I can see an application that's
prompting me to save an open file (such as MS Word). After a minute or so I
get a message telling me Logout has timed out because something has failed
to quit.
--
Mark O'Brien
AIM: rmarkob