[Ti] Scanjet 3750 or Epson 1660 Photo?

rob machdreamer at mac.com
Sun Jun 8 09:39:56 PDT 2003

On Sunday, June 8, 2003, at 09:38 AM, Robert Nicholson wrote:

> Both I believe have OSX support and I'm interested in either for use
> with 10.2.6
>
> Anybody here have either of these working?

We have a couple of the Epson scanners at school here and they're both
accessed using Vuescan. Although they worked with the Epson software
for a couple of days, the software was soon unable to see the scanners
(similar error message to what  you got with the Canon). Plus the Epson
software blew. Repeated re-installs availed nought. Bit the bullet and
bought Vuescan. They work O.K. now, but the scans are fairly crappy,
requiring a lot of PS level editing and such.

I personally use a Canon 1220U w/ Vuescan. Having a bus-powered scanner
makes up for having to buy Vuescan (I hate wallwarts), and the scans
are much higher quality than those of the Epsons to my aging,
overworked eyes.

No experience with the HPs, although I love HP's printers.

Good luck-
Rob