[Ti] Audio Cassette Tape to 500mhz Ti (OS9) hard drive

Dennis Fazio dfz at mac.com
Sun Jun 8 10:50:58 PDT 2003

--On Saturday, June 07, 2003 07:59 PM +0900 Tom Klinkowstein <klinkows at mediaa.com> wrote:

> How do I transfer an audio cassette to the hard drive of my Ti500 mhz (OS9.2)?

The Ti500 does not have a phono 1/8" mini audio jack input like all previous Macs, so you need a Griffin iMic phono-jack to USB converter. As already mentioned, they also provide Final Vinyl software to do the recording to AIFF files. With the iMic, you can record from any audio device including microphones or direct from turntables.

If you happen to have an older Mac around anywhere, you can just plug the cassette output directly into the audio in jack and record with any number of freeware audio recording utilities that work on OS 9 or OS X.

--
Dennis Fazio
dfz at mac.com