[Ti] Ok so besides the LIDE 30 what other scanners work?

Robert Nicholson robert at elastica.com
Sun Jun 8 14:00:51 PDT 2003

If the plugins were in the wrong folders then the error message should
indicate so.

The error I got simply was not very encouraging given that Vuescan
worked with the printer
first time.

If the plugsin are in the wrong folders then I'd expect to get an error
telling me so or at least
hinting at the possibility. The fact that I get an error that suggests
a hardware problem for
one that is actually because of software is really why I chose to
return that scanner.

The experience reminded me of the Nikon Coolpix 900 device drivers for
Windows way
back when. Nikon had a reputation at the time of

1. Not supporting their products well in the States.

2. Having really really bad software support.

This whole Canonscan experience was very similar and something that is
competely unsatisfactory when I own a Mac.

I will not hesitate to buy a Canon digital camera but I'm staying away
from any Canon scanner.