[Ti] Cannot get Canoscan LIDE 30 working under OSX?

Jerry Krinock dearjerry at mindspring.com
Sun Jun 8 22:13:53 PDT 2003

on 03/06/08 11:09, Murray Kastner at murrayka at mac.com wrote:

> Question: the cable that came with the scanner has a couple of thick
> pieces at each end of the cable -- about an inch or so from the ends.
> Any idea what they are and can I relace the cable with a plain one?

I believe they are hunks of ferrite or something to reduce electromagnetic
interference to nearby radio or television receivers.  It says in the manual
that you must use these USB cables that came with it.

However, other than increased interference to nearby receivers, my guess is
that you could probably use a regular USB cable with no performance
problems.

Jerry