[Ti] 500Mhz spacebar failing?

Trevor J. Hutley hutley at geneva-link.ch
Tue Jun 10 22:16:53 PDT 2003

At 5:11 PM -0500 6/10/03, Steve Martin wrote:
>My spacebar startedmisbehaving today. It seemsto "travel" normally,
>but I really have to makesure I give it a solid push to make sure it
>gets seen.  (As you can see, it is annoying enought that I
>don'tgetthem all).
>
>I've popped it offand cleaned out underneath it but it didn'thelp.
>Any cleaning ideas? Sources for cheap replacements,etc.?

Steve - I had a problem with the spacebar on my Ti-500 in NOV 2001.
My post to the list at that time is appended.

I also have a problem with my space bar right now (for the last few
weeks).  It is almost 'dead' and requires a real solid push in the
centre for it to function.  This time my friend Fred is going to give
me a space bar from a spare USA keyboard that he has, planned for
this Friday.

HTH.

regards,  Trevor