[Ti] OS 9

Jerry Krinock dearjerry at mindspring.com
Wed Jun 11 21:29:38 PDT 2003

on 03/06/11 17:51, Wendy Townley at wendy at wendytownley.com wrote:

>  I have no need for OS 9 on my Mac.

I believe it is easy to remove the OS9 System Folder, and I thought of doing
this myself a few months ago, but I recommend that you do not.

You may need to run a Classic application someday - I know that you have not
for the last year, but Murphy's Law says you will need to, the day after you
remove it.

I now use OS 9 for one thing, which is to reverse the "fn" key action on my
function keys, so that I can use F1-F12 for QuicKey menu access without
pushing the fn key.   I need to boot into OS 9 and reset the control panel
every time I install a new OS X update.  Strange, hbut true.  There is no
way to change this control in OS X.

Last week I was at the Apple Store and asked a Genius for some
troubleshooting pointers.  His advice?  "Boot into OS 9 and see if it works
in OS 9".

In an ideal world, we could all delete our OS 9 System Folders, but it is
not an ideal world --- yet.

Jerry