[Ti] OS 9

Robert Ameeti robert at ameeti.net
Thu Jun 12 06:37:57 PDT 2003

>Yes, it's a software question, but I'm hoping someone will know the answer.
>
>How do I remove the OS 9 System folder from my Macintosh? I was able to successfully remove the OS 9 Applications folder by logging in as root, but unable to do the same with the System folder. I have no need for OS 9 on my Mac.
>
>Help, please.

It is very easy to just delete the System Folder of OS 9 (perhaps using root if you have any problems) but I'd recommend against it.

I've had situations where a developer has released an installer that needed Classic to install their app. The resulting install was for an OS X application, but the installer was requiring Classic to do its thing. Developers still expect that people will have Classic on their machine and are using Classic installers.

In fact, when I recently found that my Acrobat installer was opting to use OS X instead of Classic, I was unable to install a needed Classic version of Acrobat because the installer insisted on installing the OS X version when I was wanting it to install the Classic version instead for use with a lone Classic app that I need. I found with that experience that if the Adobe had shipped with a Classic installer, then I would not have had a problem but instead they were too advanced.   :-)
--

Robert Ameeti
mailto:robert at ameeti.net

In my day, we didn't have self-esteem, we had self-respect -- and no more of it than we had earned.

- Jane Haddam