[Ti] Griffin iTrip - Review

Loren Schooley loren at flash.net
Thu Jun 12 14:17:53 PDT 2003

On 6/12/03 1:41 PM, "Jess Girard" <jess at girardrubber.com> wrote:

I'd like to mention that 5 miles down the road the stations signal changes
and bleeds and you dern near wreck trying to synch another channel, which
works the first time about 20% of the time. In a city, every other FM
channel is taken up by Clear Channel Communications, with very strong
bleeds.

I found one good use for iTrip. While parked, and jammin' tunes from the car
with doors or windows open, fidelity is masked because of volume and natural
acoustic obstruction, and control of the stereo can be made up to 40 feet
away.

Also, the radio or system an iTrip uses must be digital, no analog stereo
allowed, and small digital radios are dismal, you need to be 3 feet from
them.

iTrip means well, it's cute, I want to like it, but it just isn't industrial
quality. Or at least mine isn't.