[Ti] SGI Monitor

Michael Bigley wakinyan at fuse.net
Fri Jun 13 10:16:37 PDT 2003

>Have you tried to set up an SGI/Sun Microsystems Monitor
>with a Powerbook Ti? I have found a great deal on a used
>SGI 20" monitor, but I want to be sure I can set it up
>before I commit. Will a simple cable adapter do the trick?

Depends on the Model Ti. My Ti 500 has a standard VGA port out, so I
hook a 21 inch monitor up with no problem  (except there is not
enough vram to run it in 24bit color at a resolution larger than
1024x768).

New models may only support video mirroring as well, though not
completely sure on that.
--
       http://www.norbertrunning.com